Find here all of our live #LIGUE_DES_CHAMPIONS
• The Minister of the Interior sketched out a form of mea culpa. “It is obvious that things could have been better organized” he acknowledged. “And we very sincerely regret the sometimes unacceptable excesses that have taken place”said Gérald Darmanin again.
• He reaffirmed that “110,000 people” introduced themselves “in and around the Stade de France” Saturday, either “35,000” more than the number of tickets sold. Which corresponds, according to him, to supporters with falsified tickets or without a ticket.
• The Minister of the Interior has asked the interministerial delegate for the Olympic Games and major events, Michel Cadot, to consider “different rules” from that of dispersion with tear gas in case “exceptional sporting events”. “The tear gas saved a number of people from the crash but it also caused great damage, especially to children”acknowledged Gérald Darmanin.
• “Two referrals from the IGPN”, the police of the fonts, were carried out, he also said. These referrals were made by “citizens”, to AFP the entourage of Gérald Darmanin. “There were inappropriate and disproportionate gestures on the part of police officers or mobile gendarmes”added the Minister of the Interior.
• He assures that British and Spanish citizens assaulted after the match by criminals “will be able lodge a complaint in their country from Monday” and also make a referral to the IGPN.
“It is obvious that things could have been better organized” during the Champions League final on Saturday at the Stade de France, Gérald Darmanin told the Senate, while reaffirming the figures put forward by the authorities for several days, from 30,000 to 40,000 additional supporters without tickets or with fake tickets . Follow our live.
“I will propose that from Monday, Spanish or British citizens” who believe they were victims of offenses on Saturday at the Stade de France “can lodge a complaint in their country”announces Gérald Darmanin.
#UKRAINE The United States announced the upcoming supply to Ukraine of multiple rocket launchers mounted on light armor to support the country. Moscow denounces an increased risk of a confrontation with Washington. Follow our live.
The Polish Iga Swiatek, world number 1, managed to dominate the American Jessica Pegula (6-3.6-2) in one hour and 29 minutes. She will join Russia’s Daria Kasatkina in the semi-finals tomorrow. Follow our live.
(MATTHIAS HANGST/GETTY IMAGES)
The Minister of the Interior, Gérald Darmanin, begins his speech in the Senate.
(THOMAS COEX / AFP)