MOTHERS’ DAY. The date of Mother’s Day has arrived, this Sunday, May 29, 2022. If it is now difficult to find an original gift, it is never too late to find the words for your mom. Here are some very useful sources for messages or poems that should have their effect…
[Mis à jour le 29 mai 2022 à 15h53] A gift, a poem or just a few words to tell your mom that you love her. Indeed, this Sunday, May 29, is Mother’s Day 2022.
Well before the commercial aspect and the endless gifts that it will be a little late to find this Sunday anyway, these are the words that will count today. But is not a poet who wants, it is sometimes difficult to find the right formula to accurately describe the content of his feelings.
Like every year on Mother’s Day, we therefore offer you message models, as well as quotes, poems and cards, to delight your mom in an ever more personalized way! Eye to eye, with a card, in a long letter, or even by SMS, with a short or poetic, modern or childish version, here are the texts that will inspire you to wish “Happy Birthday” to your mom and no doubt tell him a little more than that.
Want to wish your mom a happy birthday? Send your wishes for Mother’s Day! Program your virtual greeting cards now from our new collection of free cards. Discover all our personalized and original “Happy Mother’s Day” cards and always the birthday cards, happy birthday cards, love cards, friendship cards, thank you cards, holiday cards…
From the traditional bouquet of flowers to more original presents, there is no shortage of gift ideas for Mother’s Day. And it’s never too late to please your mom. Until D-Day, it is possible to find the idea that will hit the mark. Consult our inspirational slideshows to find original ideas that will delight your mom:
Here is to complete our slideshows above a non-exhaustive list of the gifts most often offered but also of more innovative ideas:
- fresh flowers : Interflora (the well-known historical flower delivery service), Florajet (delivery in 4 hours, conditional on an order before noon), Bloom & Wild (for creative bouquets delivered in cardboard boxes), 123 Fleurs (makes one of the leaders in online flower sales since 1999, with same-day delivery for all orders placed before 5 p.m., but also on Sundays and public holidays) or Aquarelle (for good value for money).
- An eternal rose (and the symbol of the flower that never fades: Amazon
- heart shaped balloons : the company “Better than flowers”
- A personalized “photo gift” : cheerz
- An instant camera : Fuji film
- Institute care : Yves Rocher
- A gourmet or beauty subscription : for example in Marmiton magazine; or a Glowria beauty box for the month of May (including 1 bestseller from the star brand of the moment + 1 beauty novelty unearthed by our experts, but also: products to complete your beauty routine, accessories, surprises and advice for decipher and appropriate the trends of the season.).
- A mother/daughter photoshoot : Studio Lenoir (229 euros)
- Two tickets for a concert or a play :TickeTac
- An assortment of teas : Kusmi Tea Paris (19.50 euros)
Every last Sunday of May, we usually celebrate Mother’s Day. But do we really know where this tradition comes from? As L’Express reports, It was in 1906 that Mother’s Day was born, when the village of Artas (Isère) organized a ceremony in honor of the mothers of large families. Two mothers of nine children were then awarded the prize for High Maternal Merit. The village continues today to claim the creation of Mother’s Day in France. In 1918, after the First World War, Lyon followed the movement born in the United States and paid tribute to mothers and wives who had lost their sons and/or husbands. This Mother’s Day was made official by the government in 1929. In 1942, Marshal Pétain gave the event a more solemn tone, notably in a message on the radio: “Only you know how to give everyone this taste for work, this sense of discipline, modesty, respect which make healthy men and strong peoples. You are the inspiration of our Christian civilisation”. Rather than celebrating mothers, the goal is to boost the birth rate in France.cc
But the tradition of Mother’s Day actually dates back to the dawn of time, or almost! The Greeks already celebrated mothers in their own way, by adoring Rhea, the mother of Zeus, at the time of spring. A Mother’s Day of sorts, since they also celebrated fertility. Among Christians too, this symbol has long endured. Each year, at the time of the fourth Sunday of Lent, believers went to pray in the “mother” church, the most important in their region. It was a question of celebrating in a particular way a passage of a Gregorian chant, the introit, which evokes mother’s milk.