Most of you probably already know that digital content marketing is the dominant sales strategy these days. However, we know that there are so many tools to diversify a marketing strategy that we may not use some of them, simply for lack of knowledge or time. That is why, in this post, we are going to tell you how to make the most of the famous webinars to innovate in your sales strategy and get more customers…
What is a webinar?
Let’s start with the basics. Webinar comes from Web + Seminar which, redundancy aside, is a webinar or videoconference broadcast live as audiovisual content on a certain platform. It exposes information on a specific topic and seeks interaction with the audience.
This content is usually 1-2 hours long and features a professional explaining a topic.
It can be free or paid, but in this case, we are looking to generate leads or potential customers. The ideal is to offer free webinars to present certain advantages or characteristics of the products or services that we offer.
Webinars are usually streamed live, but it’s best to record and upload them to the company’s website so they’re available to users who missed them but might be interested in their content. .
What are the benefits of using webinars?
Webinars bring originality and professionalism to the digital marketing strategy. Here are some of the most important benefits they can bring you, if you decide to start using them:
- This is another marketing strategy that allows you to generate quality content, reinforcing the other tools you already use in order to get more leads;
- It is an effective and original tool for explaining concepts that are difficult to clarify on a website or on social networks;
- This allows you to be recognized as an expert in the field you deal with, because you show an aspect of your product through professionals;
- You capture many prospects at first, since to participate in a webinar, you have to register. You thus obtain a base of customers interested in your product, which you can convert into future customers;
- You drive user engagement because they can interact live during your webinar and ask questions. This allows you to gain user trust in a more direct way;
- This generated engagement allows you to offer new webinars and already have interested customers who are sure to attend and invite their contacts.
- In addition to the live broadcast, you have the option of publishing it on your website so that it is seen by more users and receives even more interactions, and the video is shared by users who were present during the broadcast. This will enrich your networks or your blog, making them more interesting for visitors;
- The low cost is an advantage not to be missed. You just need a little time to plan the conference well and advertise it as much as possible, because there are good free tools for conducting webinars.
Basic tips for starting a webinar strategy
In this post, we mainly focus on free webinars that aim to present a product or highlight certain advantages of our services, in order to attract new customers. Here are some tips to keep in mind when developing a webinar strategy:
- Be clear about the content you are going to present and the audience it is aimed at;
- Find a trusted professional or speaker who is very familiar with the subject you are going to address and whose way of communicating is in tune with your audience;
- Make sure the content is genuinely useful and of high quality because that’s how you’ll get a positive result from the audience. You can add graphics and presentations to make it more didactic;
- Give your webinar the maximum possible distribution through all your social networks, with paid advertising if necessary, by mailing, in collaboration with influencers, by announcing it on your website, among others;
- Communicate very clearly the date and time when the webinar will take place. Also set a date range for seminar registration, trying to make it as wide as possible, in order to spread the webinar as widely as possible and ensure its success;
- Offer attendee perks, like product discounts or, why not, a live raffle;
- During the webinar, try to encourage audience participation by asking questions through the chat, because that is the idea of this tool: that there is interaction with users;
- At the end, don’t forget to advertise the product you want to sell, either with a link or by letting the audience know that you will email them the information. Also inform him if a next presentation is already planned.
What tools can be used to create a webinar?
Once we are clear on the content and key concepts we are going to share to make our webinar a success, we cannot forget the digital tools we are going to use to create a webinar.
To do this, we will need an online platform allowing interaction with users in order to distribute the content. There is a wide range of possibilities, ranging from free providers to paid platforms.
First of all, we will mention Youtubewhich is not only free, but also has a wide range, since today most smartphones have the application downloaded and it is very easy to access it from a computer. Youtube allows you to broadcast live and provides the ability to live chat, ask questions, as well as record the broadcast and then share it on your networks.
Another option, although a bit more informal, is Instagram Live, which allows you to ask questions live and even interact with the public cameras.
For those looking for a much more professional platform, you can opt for GoToMeeting or GotoWebinar, two paid platforms, but specialized and with many more features for a perfect webinar. They also have related functions, such as sending mailings and payment systems for participants.
There are also options such as the Zoom or Google Meet platforms which are free and easy to use, but have a 100 participant limit and, in the case of Zoom, a 40 minute exposure limit. If these limits suit you, these are good options to start with.
There are many other platforms, including popular ones like Anymeeting, WebinarJam, and ZipCast, all of which are paid, but with different features, so you can choose what best suits your needs.
The tools that digital marketing puts at our disposal are very varied and it is up to us to make the most of them to obtain quality prospects and potential customers that generate a strong bond with our brand.
Webinars share many benefits with other inbound marketing strategies. But by positioning you as an expert on a subject, they put you in a privileged position over the competition.
With very little investment, you can be in direct contact with your audience in an interactive way, provide them with quality content and learn from their needs and doubts, which makes it a unique and essential strategy in terms of marketing. content.
About the Author
Luciana Sanchez : Member of the Habitium.fr and Materialesdefabrica.com team